Sunday, November 30, 2014

YESTERDAY (NOV 23rd)

Yesterday while I was working, a coworker came in as a customer, and I was fortunate enough to be able to provide him with the service he required.

While assisting him, I told him I was happy to see him up and about (I had heard he had been in an accident and had gotten pretty banged up).

It turned out, he had been in an accident on the Interstate while on the way Home from where we both worked, and that I had been in one of the cars diverted off the road while Firefighters were attempting to cut him out of his smashed car.

Traffic had stopped in front of him, he stopped in time, the car behind him did not, hitting him at full speed. That sent him into the car in front of him, and into a side spin where he was hit by another car going full speed in the next lane, flipping his car into a roll.

As I followed instructions diverting us off the Interstate, I passed those damaged cars and prayed for those injured and for those I was sure of whom must of been killed (for so wrecked were the cars).

A gentle giant of a man, with a heart of gold, and a loving family, GOD was with him that day, for he lived. So thankful is he for being given Life!

He realized how seldom he had stopped to appreciate that which was around him until it was almost too late!

I understood completely, as he did well know!

May YOU all be PRESENT in mind, in body, in heart this Holiday Season, and give rightful thanks for YOUR many, many BLESSINGS while YOU are able. Be safe!

Have FAITH, have BELIEF, and remember; "NEVER do we walk alone!" Shall WE begin?

No comments:

Post a Comment